Friday, January 31, 2014

My Greatest (Sewing) Accomplishment?

Someone give me an award… this may be the greatest sewing I have ever done and only parts of it were solid luck. I promised Kevin when we moved in to the house (about 18 months ago for those of you counting) that I was going to sew some kick-A roman shades for our windows at some point.

Well, as you can see, these are not roman shades… he got really tired of waiting for me to have motivation, and we bought shades from Ikea instead. But this motivated me to make something I thought would be less complicated (and too be fair, pretty sure it was): valances (look at all the window treatment vocab you are learning!)

I used this tutorial which was pretty easy but I took my time and read it through a kabillion times until I decided that the contrast band and the drapery lining were just too complicated. The most difficult part was doing the math for the pleats. (1.5+1.5+3+hems+allowances+sliiiightly wobbly lines=???)

But look at those corners! Glorious no? Did you see how the patterns match up between the two windows? MATH GENIUS! Anyways, pretty happy with the result and the new paint color in the kitchen. Kevin says I need to pick some non-blue paint colors when the basement is done in a few weeks. BOOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment